Re: Add-on store feature

Noelia Ruiz

Thanks. Since you're requesting feedback even via info@...,
easier for people who do not use GitHub, I'll share this in Spanish
(maybe on a website and on a mailing list...), to get more feedback
from users of different languages.

cool, wow so we will be like android now<grin>

I have noticed that addons like tony's enhancements have never been
updated at all to their latest versions even though I did put a request
to tony for submission ages back.

And addon updater latest even though it  was cued more than a couple
weeks ago still has not made it into the addon feed.

On 4/08/2022 8:59 pm, Reef Turner wrote:

Hi everyone,

We are making our early work on an "in NVDA" add-on store publicly
available.
For details please see PR #13985
<https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/13985>

This is still in the early stages, it allows browsing and installing
add-ons from the addon-datastore repository
(https://github.com/nvaccess/addon-datastore).
In order to have add-ons presented in the NVDA add-on Store,
submissions of add-on releases must be made via that repository.
We intend to implement the basic use-cases for updating add-ons before
this is merged into NVDA and included in a release.
The intention is to integrate all features from the add-on manager
dialog, into the add-on store dialog, eventually allowing the removal
of the add-on manager dialog.
Side-loading add-ons will continue to be supported.

As this is still early work, there are some known issues, these are
listed on the PR.
We welcome feedback on this implementation, please do try it out, and
supply any feedback directly with NV Access, either on the GitHub pull
request or via info@... so that we can rely on receiving it,
and address it promptly.

Thanks,
Reef (NV Access)