Re: how to use google_speech?

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

I've copied the speech_recognition package in a globalPlugins folder
in scratchpad of NVDA for testing. Then in a plugin I've typed:

import _speech_recognition

Then I've pressed NVDA+control+f3 to reload plugins, and after that,
I've gone to NVDA's menu, Tools submenu, View log.
At the botom of the log file I see this error:
File "C:\Users\nrm19\AppData\Roaming\nvda\scratchpad\globalPlugins\speech_recognition\__init__.py",
line 10, in <module>
import aifc
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aifc'

Seems that speech_recognition needs a module not present. You may want
to search for this module, or investigate what other files are needed
by speech_recognition, and try to include them so that imports don't
fail.
Hope this helps

I am ashamed to admit because I do not know how to check the error :) I
mean the package: https: //pypi.org/project/SpeechRecognition/
In my running script I write: import speech_recognition as srprint (sr
.__ version__)
How to do the same in the plug?
If you want, you can write back to me.
greetings

W dniu 25.07.2022 o 06:23, Noelia Ruiz pisze:
I think it maybe useful if you attach the errors you get in the log
and, if you wan, your source code so people can reproduce behavior.
Hope this helps.

hello everyone! I've been wondering for a while how you create addons
for NVDA. I have read the instructions on how to create add-ons. I
modified one add-on that says a joke with pyjokes when pressed shortcut.
In general, I have the impression that I know how they work. Of course,
that's the only way it seems to me :)
Like any newbie I have a lot of questions. Some time ago I managed to
write a simple wx application which uses google_speech to convert speech
to text. I tried to do the same as an add-on for NVDA but something
doesn't work. After installing google_speech and pyaudio I copied it to
the addon folder. I imported: from .google_speech import google_speech
as srui.message (sr .__ version__)
however it doesn't work. what am i doing wrong?
greetings