Re: Latest version of Clipspeak

Brian's Mail list account

Yes I have to say that the slightly older version did things a little better. I suspect some of the things that worked before were almost by accident and now the criteria has been tightened, some of these have become non operative.
I think the actual thing that has been cut, copied pasted etc, is not that relevant in the main, but the actual indication that something has happened is. Thus the add on could be simplified I think. I may install the current one on a portable version and reinstall the older one for ease of use until its probably broken by the new version of NVDA grin.
I still maintain that this function should be in the screenreader itself, toggle as it is in others.

It also sometimes gets confused if you have used the keypad modes to cut stuff to the clipboard, I get random things like no change or nothing spoken at times.
Very weird. I can actually follow how the add on works by looking at string variables and from windows. buts far too complex for me these days. Very well structured and commented.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Latest version of Clipspeak

Hello!
does not speak when you select all files in Explorer.

On 3/5/2022 1:20 μ.μ., Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

I do not use GoldWave, so I do not know how to restrict the announcement of information to just when necessary...

Rui Fontes

Às 08:57 de 03/05/2022, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io escreveu:
Seems to have got rid of cut announcement in Goldwave which is the same command as in word. Its totally silent whereas the previous version said cut text, but that could have just been made to say cut everywhere.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.