Re: At last... RibbonExplorer #newaddon

Brian's Mail list account

That was my thought as well. I simply never understood the logic of making ribbon menus. It would have been relatively easy for Microsoft to have made their shell with an option for ribbons or traditional menus. I think from all those I've met who are used to XP, these menus are the worst thing in the world to figure out the logic for when you want to do something you don't have the short cut for. Surely muddling property sheets, menus and bits of toolbars all in a complete mish mash has got to be wrong, yet they persist, despite almost every user sighted too not, saying they are hard to work with.
Sorry, I feel better now.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] At last... RibbonExplorer #newAddon

Will this work with Notepad and other apps that use ribbons?

Roger

On 1/13/2022 9:14 AM, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
Hi all,
as you may have read on NVDA general list, after a restricted testing phase, I released to the public a new add-on, to simplify exploration of Ribbon menu, in Office 2019, 365 and 2021 (for the moment).
Just install, open an Office application, press Alt... and familiarize with new menu layout (an enhanced version of object navigation, as advanced users will see).
It's in dev state, but it already works quite well, in my opinion.
Remaining problems concern primarily how to set focus in particular circumstances (forceFocus method), and I'd be very grateful if someone could suggest a better solution than mine (focusing a previous obj and then simulating a moving gesture, substantially).
Latest build is at:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/ribbonExplorer/releases/download/dev/ribbonExplorer-20220112-dev.nvda-addon
and repository at:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/ribbonExplorer/
Good tests 🙂
Alberto

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.