Re: At last... RibbonExplorer #newaddon

Dennis L

I would consider using this if NVDA ever became my primary screen reader.  NVDA needs to improve in the areas I stated the other day but nice work.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 3:42 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] At last... RibbonExplorer #newaddon

Hi,

I must say this is one of the well-documented add-ons as far as source code is concerned. A note about object presentation type at the beginning was really helpful, too.

Regarding license: I understand that this add-on is licensed under GNU GPL 3, which is incompatible with GPL 2. Have you considered re-licensing the add-on?

Subsequent to the publication of the add-on dev snapshot, there has been a discussion on the users list about using native interface versus an add-on like this (see the NvDA list archive for details). The only thing I would add is that at least give folks a chance to demonstrate their skills with an add-on like this - who knows, it might be useful for some.