Re: speak punctuations while navigating word by word

Cagri Dogan

Hi, Your first guess is true.

User wants to hear all punctuation only while navigating word-by-word even the symol level set to none. I guess for proof reading.

Kimden: James Scholes
Gönderilme: 22 Kasım 2021 Pazartesi 18:48
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Konu: Re: [nvda-addons] speak punctuations while navigating word by word

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.  When I set the punctuation level to All and then navigate with Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow, all punctuation seems to be spoken as expected.  Is the user:

1. asking for that to happen when the punctuation level is not set to All; or
2. indicating that even with it set to All, some punctuation is still not announced?

If the first, I'm not sure why that would be expected.  They would basically be asking for NVDA to ignore their own preferences, and can work around it by setting the punctuation level explicitly.  That's what the setting is for.

If the latter, that's a bug, not an add-on-related concern.