Re: speak punctuations while navigating word by word

Cagri Dogan

Hi, Your first guess is true.

User wants to hear all punctuation only while navigating word-by-word even the symol level set to none. I guess for proof reading.

Kimden: James Scholes
Gönderilme: 22 Kasım 2021 Pazartesi 18:48
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Konu: Re: [nvda-addons] speak punctuations while navigating word by word

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.  When I set the punctuation level to All and then navigate with Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow, all punctuation seems to be spoken as expected.  Is the user:

1. asking for that to happen when the punctuation level is not set to All; or
2. indicating that even with it set to All, some punctuation is still not announced?

If the first, I'm not sure why that would be expected.  They would basically be asking for NVDA to ignore their own preferences, and can work around it by setting the punctuation level explicitly.  That's what the setting is for.

If the latter, that's a bug, not an add-on-related concern.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 22/11/2021 at 6:57 am, Cagri Dogan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?
>
> All the best,
>
> Çağrı
>
> Windows için Posta <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> ile gönderildi
>
>  
>
>

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.