Re: Development version of Search With, with added feature to use clipboard text as default query.

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello Antonio
So if I have understand well, you wish to have the ability to assign gestures for:
1.trigger the search menu for selected text
2. trigger the search menu for text in clipboard
3. trigger the search menu for last spoken text

and the three gestures you can assign them from input gestures dialog
did I got you right
if that what you meant, I will think of it
kind regards for you
ibrahim

On 10/8/2021 3:21 PM, Locutor Antonio Cezar wrote:
Hello. In InstantTranslate Add-on, I can configure entry gestures for any of the available translation options: Clipboard, last spoken text, or currently selected test. And the three options are useful, because each of them may be more interesting as the occasion of use of add-on. I have verified that there is the possibility of changing the default input gesture to activate add-on. Then it would be quite simple to include two more inputs there, so that the user could set up any of them, according to their needs. Could you think about the implementation of these new entry gestures for the searchwith add-on, please?! My eternal gratitude for your work and dedication in the development of this add-on... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 08/10/2021 08:59, Ibrahim Hamadeh escreveu:
Hello,
This is the development version 1.7 of SearchWith addon:
https://github.com/ibrahim-s/searchWith/releases/download/v1.7-dev/searchWith-1.7-dev.nvda-addon
and if no problems reported, I will make it stable after several days.
Changelog:
Make combo box instead of check box, to give more options for default query in search dialog
So now we have 3 options for default query:
• Leave blank
• Use clipboard text
• Use last spoken text
and either of the last two optioned is chosen, the text query will be displayed selected, so that we can easily override it.
really the feature to use clipboard text as default query, I find it useful and began to use it.
for in this way we can preserve the query, to trigger another search for it with other engines.
regards
ibrahim