Re: How to get working directory?

Robert Hänggi

Alberto, I would wish that there was a similar procedure for the
open/save dialogs.
WXWidgets has a (user) window message that can give you the currently
selected file, however, I wasn't successful in sending it from
"outside" the process.
There was also a procedure described on the AutoIt forum which works
essentially with the DropTarget interface.
It needed a dll from that forum which made it less attractive and the
code is quite complicated.
Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore.
Robert

On 15/09/2021, Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@gmail.com> wrote:
Robert Hänggi, il 15/09/2021 09.49, ha scritto:
I think the code is also used in the column review add-on for e.g.
searching for files.
Alberto:
yeah, and it still works very well today, thanks to your suggestion and
other valuable contributions from here :)
For Rui, be careful, this approach does not work in all contexts, surely
not in open dialog window; not very important for you, I think, but you
could want to warn users about it (I did it in ColumnsReview).
Alberto