Re: Problem with onUninstall function in installTasks.py file

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello Abdel
I have tested it, by opening a text file in documents folder
import os
def onUninstall():
os.startfile(r"C:\Users\...\file.txt")
and the file opened successfully upon uninstalling the addon.
I also did my tests with the 2021.1 stable version of NVDA.
best regards
ibrahim

On 9/10/2021 10:36 PM, Abdel wrote:
Hi,

We are several to have noticed a problem of non-execution of the "onUninstall" function in the "installTasks.py" module.

"onInstall" works, but not "onUninstall".

I tried to display a message, copy a file, nothing happens.

Could you test and confirm if this is also the case with you?

I did my tests with the 2021.1 stable version of NVDA.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

.