Re: task manager addon

James Scholes

You can use standard table navigation commands (Ctrl+Alt+Arrows) on the "Details" tab, which also lets you choose which columns are included. It also seems to be a bit snappier than the terrible grid on the "Processes" one, which on my machine takes multiple seconds to load. Horrible.

I do agree, though, that the Task Manager is far from being "fully accessible". For example, the "Performance" tab is somewhat useless unless you use object nav or screen review, and tabbing through the focusable controls seems to cause NVDA to stutter in some cases. It really is a terrible app compared with what it used to be.

On 08/09/2021 at 12:53 pm, Doug Lee wrote:
"Fully accessible" is a bit subjective here perhaps. :-)

You can indeed navigate the Processes grid's first column just fine with Up and Down arrows; but checking
other columns seems to require object navigation, which makes skimming down, say, the CPU column very
inconvenient. This problem applies to other tabs as well, though I did not test all of them. These
difficulties are not unique to NVDA and are the result of the Task Manager's unusual UIA structure for some of
these grids.

On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 07:40:32PM +0200, René Linke wrote:
Hi,

On 08/09/2021 at 18:08, Dark Count wrote:
Has anybody come across an addon for task manager?
Why do you would need an add-on for that? It is fully accessible with NVDA
2021.1, at least in Windows 10 and Windows 11.

René