Re: Problem with generating pot file for the add-on

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
I seriously wish that this would be added to the official development guide.
The solution has been posted here, the first was by Serial, he was replying to me since I had the same issue.
What you have to do is:
1. download Gettext like v0.21, from the following github:
2. extract it somewhere, then set the path before running scons pot.
set path=partition:\gettext-tools-windows-0.21-1\bin;%path%
of course change it depending on the path you are going to extract in.
After that, scons pot should work as expected.
good luck.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 6:31 PM mohammad suliman <Mohmad.s93@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Apologies for sending several messages to the list today. I am new to the translating process of add-ons, so bare with me please.
I have a problem with running the command scons pot. The command produces 4 errors for 4 missing dlls after it tried to execute the xgettext exe file. I am using a virtual python environment with all the dependencies installed using pip. The dependencies are: markdown, scons, gettext. I also have downloaded gettext build using the link in the add-on development guide, installed it, and copied the xgettextexe and msfmt.exe files to the add-on directory.
After doing all of this, and while the environment is active of course, I am getting the mentioned missing dll errors. What am I doing wrong?
Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mohammad