Re: Github actions and nvdaaddons fork

Noelia Ruiz

Hi Patrick, Actions can be disabled in a particular repo, according to
GitHub documentation.

https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/managing-repository-settings/disabling-or-limiting-github-actions-for-a-repository#managing-github-actions-permissions-for-your-repository

I'll disable actions for Dropbox repo since I'm in the corresponding
settings. I've checked that documentation corresponds with the
presence of the explained settings. Anyway, I think you're a member of
the organization and you may check the repo configuration for actions
too.

About committing just some files in a branch, when I don't want to
merge but just commit some files, I use the following commands:

git checkout myBranch
git reset main addon/doc
git commit -m "Update doc folder without merging the whole main branch"
git push

You may see the workflow used by me in add-ons to send translations
from nvdaaddons/stable branch to nvdaes/main branch
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvdaes/clipContentsDesigner/main/.github/workflows/checkForTranslations.yaml

Regards

Hello,

I set up some actions on my add-ons repositories based on Noelia's work.

My problem is, they will also be executed on the fork, which is not
expected as I also rely on secret data I set up and I don't want these
actions to be executed twice.

How can I prevent these actions to be executed on the nvdaaddons fork?

I though about deleting them from the stable branch. But risk of
conflict when merging from the main code.

Maybe be never pushing other branch than stable to nvdaaddons, but I
would prefer to be sure no action will be launched at all

Best regards,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019