Re: NVDA virtual buffer as a GUI component

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

To stay on topic, since you mentioned NVDA virtual buffer, in NVDA we
can display messages in browse mode with ui.browseableMessage
function.
Also, for example in readFeeds add-on there is a button in an NVDA
dialog to open the selected feed in HTML with buttons and checkboxes
to perform actions like copy contents to clipboard using Javascript.

Hello I don't know if I understood you well but here they gave a
feasible solution to focus without the user having to do anything the
html region.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55345724/wx-html2-webview-and-screen-readers

Well programmed and adapted the first answer for me works in a project I
have without the user having to do anything.

If I had to handle different events in case the user wants to go to a
button panel or if you will have to contemplate if your app needs to do
some action outside the html area.

Regards

El 28/07/2021 a las 19:24, Danijela escribió:
Hi all,
This isn't a strictly addon-related question, but I suppose there's no
better place to ask about this topic.
I am looking for a way to have an HTML viewer in a standard wxPython
app, and the NVDA virtual buffer is exactly how it should look like.
So, is it possible to create a standard wxPython component and render
the HTML content in it? I tried with wx.html and wx.html2 but they
require strange additional actions to receive NVDA's focus and be used
normally with NVDA.
Can somebody throw a bit of light on this topic, please?

Best regards,
Daniela