Re: Say Product Name and Version #addonreview

Cyrille

Hello Patrick

Here is the result of my basic review, updated for release 2021.07:

- License and copyright: PASS
- Documentation: PASS
- Security: PASS
- User experience: PASS

Congratulation! The add-on is ready to be included on the website. You can do the PR on the addonFiles repo or wait a few days if other people have other comments.

Note:

• When the add-on is included in addonFiles, you may create the add-on’s page in the SRT repo. At this moment, I advise to change the download link since the link to the GitHub release page is not very user-friendly.
  • Regarding documentation, I have always reviewed the English file, even if I have had a quick look at the French doc too. In the French doc, I have noted the remaining word “plugin” and a typo “NVVDA”. However, specifically if you plan to request this add-on to be included in the translation framework, it is not important as the doc will be translated again.

Cheers,

Cyrille

De : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> De la part de Patrick ZAJDA
Envoyé : mardi 27 juillet 2021 18:25
À : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] Say Product Name and Version #AddonReview

Hi again,

Thanks for the review.

I made this development release to test some improvements to Github actions.

And I waited to see if I would have some other modifications to make before releasing a new version.

As it is the case thanks to your review, I released 2021.07: https://github.com/Nardol/SayProductNameAndVersion/releases/download/2021.07/sayProductNameAndVersion-2021.07.nvda-addon

Hopfuly I fixed all failures.

Best regards.

Le 27/07/2021 à 17:15, Cyrille via groups.io a écrit :

Hello again

Anyway, I have performed the basic review on the 2021.05. Here is the result:

Basic review:
- License and copyright: FAIL
- Documentation: PASS
- Security: PASS
- User experience: FAIL

Comments:
- Licence & Copyright are missing in the source code file (.py). Of course the license file is in the repo, but it is not included when you distribute the add-on.
- UX: The help message of the script says: 'Announce the version of the executable of the focused window or copy it to the clipboard if pressed twice'. But actually it does not only announces the version; it also announces the name of the application or of the OS for Windows applications (Explorer, Notepad, etc.). You may want to use the description done in the doc or in the manifest instead.

Extra comments: these suggestions are not required to pass the basic review, they are just personal advices:
- The script is in the 'Speech' category. However, NVDA has natively a script that does a different but quite similar job and which is in the 'Tools' category: 'Speaks the filename of the active application along with the name of the currently loaded appModule'. IMO, your script seems more related to the 'Tools' category than the 'Speech' one.
- The script doc speaks of a plug-in. But it is actually a complete add-on.
- Doc: You may want to use the latest style.css from add-on template, optimized for visually impoaired people.

I hope you get this message before making a new release. This way, you can already provide a release including the modifications.

Note: I will be on holiday from next thursday and will not be able to answer regularily to my messages. If I have not the time to review your modficiations, someone else can do it. The two blocking points are very easy to check.

Cheers,

Cyrille

De : "Patrick ZAJDA"
A : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Envoyé: mardi 27 Juillet 2021 16:44
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] Say Product Name and Version #AddonReview

Hello Cyrille,

You can download this add-on from this link: https://github.com/Nardol/SayProductNameAndVersion/releases/download/v2021.05/sayProductNameAndVersion-2021.05.nvda-addon

Thanks.

Le 27/07/2021 à 16:37, Cyrille via groups.io a écrit :

Hello Patrick

Could you provide a download link?
I'll try to review it before I go on vacation (thursday).

Cyrille

De : "Patrick ZAJDA"
A : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Envoyé: mardi 27 Juillet 2021 15:12
Objet : [nvda-addons] Say Product Name and Version #AddonReview

Hello,

I wish to ask for Say Product Name and Version add-on to be included on the website, so could it be reviewed please?

Repository: https://github.com/Nardol/SayProductNameAndVersion/

Add-on description :

This plugin add a shortcut to announce product name and version of the foreground application, or copy these informations to the clipboard.
Author: Patrick Zajda
Shortcut: NVDA+Shift+V
Press it twice to copy product name and version to the clipboard.

Best regards,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.