Re: Tracking changes in property values

Hi,

Looking at property changes: try using Event Tracker and see if that helps a lot.

As for looking at location changes, if it is an IAccessible object, perhaps location change event might be the one to look at.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy B.
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:03 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] Tracking changes in property values

Hi,

I am experimenting with a new addon. I need to determine when a value such as location.left as changed. I see an event called valueChange. Would this be useful in this case, or should I look at something else? Can someone give a simple example of how to watch for changes in the focused object and note some changes?