Re: This message is so that all users can reflect on this unusual but real situation!

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 07:10 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
An add-on to be classified as official should, like NVDA, be able to be translated...
-
I would have absolutely no problem with that going forward provided:

1.  What already exists is grandfathered in, as is, unless someone were willing to make the commitment to picking up the torch to make the existing code such that localization/translation is possible.  There is no good justification for pulling official add-ons that have been around for very long periods, and have large user bases, because they happen to have been created prior to a new requirement.

2.  An "officially hosted" venue for "unofficial"/home-grown add-ons come into existence.

Presence in the unofficial/home-grown venue would serve as a clear indication that many of the expectations that go with official add-ons may not apply.  That's why I want a true Community Add-Ons Site, not a single page, where different classes of add-ons can be centralized in one place.

Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?

             ~ Stanislaw J. Lec