Re: requesting review of the SPRITEs Table Navigation for Chrome addon

Venkatesh Potluri

Edited

Thank you Cyrille and Rui for the pointers and feedback. We attempted to address the feedback and released 0.9.2 of the addon. Please note, if you are facing issues related to the first time use not showing up, please do the following before installing 0.9.2.

  1. Uninstall Sprites.

  2. Restart NVDA.

  3. Open the developer console.

  4. Import config

  5. Config.conf[‘sprites’] = {}

  6. Config.conf.spec[‘sprites’] = {}

  7. Restart NVDA.

  8. Install 0.9.2 and restart NVDA.

Here are more comments on the feedback that was given to us.

  1. Following the above steps and installing 0.9.2 should fix the issue.

  2. The error should also be fixed. Please send us the log if this error still persists. We are unable to reproduce this issue, so we added additional print statements to get some information that should help us debug.

  3. We replaced the logging window that shows up on launching Chrome for the first time to open a new Chrome tab. We also have a button to go to the tutorial if the user wants to learn how to use Sprites. Please let us know if this is acceptable to pass the review.

  4. This should also be fixed now.

  5. Thank you for pointing this out. This also should be fixed now. Please let us know if you still see the issue.

  6. The key error should also be fixed. Please be sure to follow the steps to reset the config.conf above. Please let us know if you are still able to see this issue. We are unable to reproduce it.

  7. Other feedback.

  • Braille display and , character. This should be fixed. Please let us know if the command messages are better now.

  • Keyboard layout feedback. We incorporated the suggestion given to us to translate keys 11 and 12. Does this address the issue you were facing?
    8. While we have the code you pointed us to, we use the tab key to navigate the table. Therefore, we are unsure if processing alt+tab would be possible as we replace the _captureFunc. Further, this may create a confusing experience. We would like to retain the behavior we have now if it is an acceptable behavior as users get familiar with this new interaction technique.
    9.
    Sprites, by design, relies on the spatial arrangement of the keys on the keyboard. Consequently, we are unable to support Braille display key-based interactions at this point.

Best, Venkatesh