De : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> De la part de Venkatesh Potluri
Envoyé : mercredi 9 juin 2021 02:33
À : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] requesting review of the SPRITEs Table Navigation for Chrome addon

Hi Joseph and Rui,

Thank you for reviewing our addon and providing feedback. We would like to address the feedback we received so far.

  • User experience feedback from Joseph and error reported by Rui.

We now have a new release on github (tagged v0.9.1-beta) that should fix the chrome announcement issue. We apologize about the confusion regarding the compatibility with NVDA 2021.1. This should address the announcement issue Joseph was talking about, and the error Rui was talking about. Since the previous error was related to first-time use, we request you to uninstall the addon, re-start NVDA and install the new addon. Rui, please let us know if you still get an error with Sprites on chrome. We request you to send us the log file that Sprites generates to help us understand the issue if it still persists (instructions in this issue template).

  • Retaining functionality of tab, alt-F4, etc.

Since sprites mode changes how keyboard interactions work, we made a design decision to prevent the user from switching away from the page on Chrome that they activated Sprites mode on to prevent confusion. The user can exit Sprites mode by pressing Escape, restoring NVDA’s default behavior and functionality, at which point they can switch windows using alt-tab or exit by pressing alt-f4.

  • We were unclear about the comments related to braille display keys working and the cell announcements being problematic. More context would help us address the comment as I do not use a braille display and we do not have access to one to test.
  • Supporting different keyboard layouts.

By keys eleven and 12, were you referring to the - (dash) and =(equals) keys? Could you clarify the keyboard layout that you are using? This perhaps can be addressed to some degree if we are able to have this information. We recognize that we are unable to support all keyboard layouts at this point. We will need to explore feasibility to expand layouts that we can support in the future. We can clarify this limitation in the documentation for now.

  • Braille display and row commands announcement.

Thank you for pointing this out Joseph. We changed the string to use the , character, and have spaces. Could you help us identify if this fixes the issue?

  • Supporting UIA.

Thank you for the advice. We will add this to our roadmap and ensure support for UIA in an update to this addon once it is released. We became aware of NVDA’s UIA support recently so were unable to support it in this release.

  • Supporting Chromium based browsers like edge.

Yes. We considered this, but decided to restrict to Chrome to reduce technical complexity as this is a very new interaction technique, and this is the first time we were building an NVDA addon.

Look forward to hear from you.
Best, Venkatesh