Re: Weather_Plus notices

Well, I have my location set on 2 systems and only on 1 has it appeared.

However I turned it off because it became annoying.

Sadly when I check weather, I find the msn weather forcast to be not as accurate as I'd like.

The hour cast and general regin casts are ok but it doesn't have everything.

So I usually run the microsoft site along side the weather on my local government news station anyway for the high temperatures.

Where I find the msn weather does help is the rain chance its good for that at least but I wouldn't trust it as such.

As for it being in your face, at least for me, I feel that microsoft is allready putting a lot of stuff in our face.

Some of it I know people like and some not and I won't mention what all that is because I don't want to start an argument.

All I have to say is I work quite hard both with legal and less legal ways to make sure I can get as much of the in my face stuff out of it even if that does probably drop my performance and stability some.

I am fine with it on other people's systems, but not on my own workstation the one I spend 15+ hours a day on.

My only gripe is the semi unstableness of the shell when doing multiple folder opperations especially with smaller filesizes but sometimes regular files.

I'd probably do something about it faster than I am but doing strict shell work is something like 1-5% of my daily life.

Most is web with older brousers, email, audio and games.

On 2/05/2021 7:55 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
A bit tangent, but what can change the game is News and Interests in Windows 10 taskbar. If location is set, this icon will give you weather information on the fly for the current location. I suspect News and Interests won't give you forecast data at this time, but I can imagine this being added if Microsoft receives a lot of feedback about it.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:52 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Weather_Plus notices

I suspect the monetarisation of everything is responsible, one assumes wherever the data comes from for weather are now charging to get more than a general forecast, and companies can no longer afford to do much if they need to pay for it. Its the same argument we had recently between news and Facebook and google, and is set only to get worse in my view.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users
----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2021 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Weather_Plus notices

Hi Adriano,

You've been working on this for years now. Do not give up. Just look for
another weather API that can easily be programmed and you're good to go
again.

Best regards,

Bachir

On 1st May 2021 at 19:55, Adriano Barbieri via groups.io wrote:
Hi to every one,

Visiting the Yahoo Weather Documentation page
https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/documentation.html you are greeted
with this message:

On approximately June 1, 2021, the free Yahoo Weather API will be
retired and will cease to function. Unfortunately, we will not be
offering a replacement API, and there will be no paid alternative.

Here we go again, I'll have to find a new free weather API for
Weather_Plus ... advices?
I hope to find one and replace the WP engine before that date.
But I am very sorry and almost tempted to abandon the project.

Regards

Adriano Barbieri

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.