Re: Weather_Plus notices

Well, I have my location set on 2 systems and only on 1 has it appeared.

However I turned it off because it became annoying.

Sadly when I check weather, I find the msn weather forcast to be not as accurate as I'd like.

The hour cast and general regin casts are ok but it doesn't have everything.

So I usually run the microsoft site along side the weather on my local government news station anyway for the high temperatures.

Where I find the msn weather does help is the rain chance its good for that at least but I wouldn't trust it as such.

As for it being in your face, at least for me, I feel that microsoft is allready putting a lot of stuff in our face.

Some of it I know people like and some not and I won't mention what all that is because I don't want to start an argument.

All I have to say is I work quite hard both with legal and less legal ways to make sure I can get as much of the in my face stuff out of it even if that does probably drop my performance and stability some.

I am fine with it on other people's systems, but not on my own workstation the one I spend 15+ hours a day on.

My only gripe is the semi unstableness of the shell when doing multiple folder opperations especially with smaller filesizes but sometimes regular files.

I'd probably do something about it faster than I am but doing strict shell work is something like 1-5% of my daily life.

Most is web with older brousers, email, audio and games.

On 2/05/2021 7:55 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
A bit tangent, but what can change the game is News and Interests in Windows 10 taskbar. If location is set, this icon will give you weather information on the fly for the current location. I suspect News and Interests won't give you forecast data at this time, but I can imagine this being added if Microsoft receives a lot of feedback about it.