Re: native equivalent of aria-live with NVDA

Hi,

Yes, add-on dev guide is still considered an authority on add-on development. I expect the guide will be updated once 2021.1 beta ships.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Florian Beijers
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:46 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] native equivalent of aria-live with NVDA

Hi,

That might very well be what it is, yes. I would like to break into addon development and remember getting somewhat stuck in the minutiae during my last attempt. I will keep this event in mine when I try again in the coming days. Veering off-topic for a hot second, is the addon dev guide still the place to be for people who'd like to get started, and if so, is there a natural next step after it?

Still really interested in the original topic of this email, I was thinking of for example Nick Stockton's IF Interpreters addon, but I'm not sure to what degree that addon does things in a standard way, so was looking for more examples to compare the ways of working as it were.

Thanks,

Florian

Op za 1 mei 2021 om 21:27 schreef Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>:

Hi,
I think you might be thinking of live region change event. I don't know if any add-ons are listening to this event more actively, but I do log UIA live region events in Windows 10 App Essentials.