Re: native equivalent of aria-live with NVDA

Hi,
I think you might be thinking of live region change event. I don't know if any add-ons are listening to this event more actively, but I do log UIA live region events in Windows 10 App Essentials.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Florian Beijers
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:20 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] native equivalent of aria-live with NVDA

Hi,

I am a web developer first and foremost, and don't have a huge amount of experience interacting with UIA and friends directly, so this is really me looking for an analog to the concept I know.
Is there a pattern for the web concept of aria-live, where a particular element on screen immediately echoes new text, but only the new text, to NVDA as it comes in?
Think new messages in a chat window, new output for a terminal program, that kind of thing.
If so, is there an example in some NVDA addon, guide, post or email thread where I can see how this is done?

Thanks,
Florian