native equivalent of aria-live with NVDA

Florian Beijers

Hi,

I am a web developer first and foremost, and don't have a huge amount
of experience interacting with UIA and friends directly, so this is
really me looking for an analog to the concept I know.
Is there a pattern for the web concept of aria-live, where a
particular element on screen immediately echoes new text, but only the
new text, to NVDA as it comes in?
Think new messages in a chat window, new output for a terminal
program, that kind of thing.
If so, is there an example in some NVDA addon, guide, post or email
thread where I can see how this is done?

Thanks,
Florian