From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 6:51 PM
Subject: [nvda-addons] Important notices on upcoming add-on releases from Joseph Lee: NVDA 2020.4 requirement and other announcements

Hi all,

After receiving comments on Add-on Updater 21.03 release, I figured it would
be best to make some announcements about upcoming add-on releases:

* Future add-ons will require NVDA 2020.4 or later: Add-on Updater
21.03 is the first add-on to require NVDA 2020.4. This requirement will be
in effect for the next release of Resource Monitor and StationPlaylist
(scheduled for next week at the earliest) due to changes introduced in this
NVDA release that add-ons will take advantage of (clipboard announcement in
Resource Monitor, fixes required to support track column announcements in
StationPlaylist).
* Add-on Updater offers older releases of some add-ons: don't worry
about this, as it is not the fault of Add-on Updater. I expect this issue
will be resolved once updates to affected add-ons are released.
* No May 2021 release for Windows 10 App Essentials: usually I release
updates to this add-on on a monthly basis. But I'm skipping May release
(21.05) in order to assist with NVDA 2021.1 testing.
* StationPlaylist add-on maintenance is slowly coming to a close:
version 21.04 of this add-on (coming as early as next week) will be one of
the last releases of SPL add-on from me. After this release, only
localization and critical bug fixes will be released until early fall. I
will maintain SPL add-on until December 31, 2021, and I hope the community
can maintain it after that point.
* ObjPad 21.04 emergency update: although I stopped maintaining this
add-on for a while, upon request from community members, I'll release an
emergency version of ObjPad add-on to make it compatible with upcoming NVDA
2021.1.
* NVDA 2021.1 will be required at least 60 days after its release: due
to massive changes introduced in upcoming NVDA 2021.1, most of my add-ons
will require this NVDA release. This won't take effect until at least 60
days after NVDA 2021.1 is released in order to give you time to check other
add-ons and upgrade to NVDA 2021.1.