Re: How can I customize announcement of keys?

Daniel Gartmann

Thanks for taking a look at the problem through your add-on. I use it and can highly recommend it as a very useful add-on, so I will be looking forward to see what possible solutions you might find.

Daniel

Fra: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> På vegne af bering.p
Sendt: 25. februar 2021 10:34
Til: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Emne: [nvda-addons] How can I customize announcement of keys?

Hi,
It should be possible to add it in the add-on. I will study the problem.
Best regards.
Paul.

Paul.

Le 23/02/2021 17:06, Rui Fontes a écrit :

Hello!

NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin lets you configure wich keys are spoken.

However, Window keys are not spoken at all!

Rui Fontes

Às 15:46 de 23/02/2021, Daniel Gartmann escreveu:

Hello,

I recently filed an issue as I would like a way to customize what keys are announced. This issue deals specifically with the Windows key as it is not spoken even with Speak functionKeys turned on (NVDA+4):

Windows Key (left and right) not announced when "Speak Commands" is on. · Issue #12079 · nvaccess/nvda (github.com)

Is there any add-ons out there that will let the user customize which keys are announced even though they are not command keys?

The use case for me is a user with very limited keyboard skills that needs help becoming familiar with the keyboard. I as a blind instructor would like a way to confirm that the user is pressing the correct key without me having to retrieve a log file all the time.

Hope I am making sense 😊.

Daniel