Re: How can I customize announcement of keys?

Rui Fontes

Hello!

NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin lets you configure wich keys are spoken.

However, Window keys are not spoken at all!

Rui Fontes

Às 15:46 de 23/02/2021, Daniel Gartmann escreveu:

Hello,

I recently filed an issue as I would like a way to customize what keys are announced. This issue deals specifically with the Windows key as it is not spoken even with Speak functionKeys turned on (NVDA+4):

Windows Key (left and right) not announced when "Speak Commands" is on. · Issue #12079 · nvaccess/nvda (github.com)

Is there any add-ons out there that will let the user customize which keys are announced even though they are not command keys?

The use case for me is a user with very limited keyboard skills that needs help becoming familiar with the keyboard. I as a blind instructor would like a way to confirm that the user is pressing the correct key without me having to retrieve a log file all the time.

Hope I am making sense 😊.

Daniel