Re: Next round of community add-on registrations: Word Nav, WinWizard, Console Toolkit

Hi,

Willingness to use and give feedback on add-ons is the first step in reviewing add-ons. For basic review though, some familiarity with Python is a must because you’ll need to read add-on source at some point (for this reason, whenever I review add-ons, I read source code before installing the new add-on).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 8:21 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Next round of community add-on registrations: Word Nav, WinWizard, Console Toolkit

Ok, so how do I review an addon?

I for example have used if interpreters quite a lot, in fact I have finnished playing a game or 2 with it.

Its got nothing special, it just works and thats about all I can tell you.

You do have to open windows frotz and not run a game to play games and obviously you need the game interpreters themselves and

well.

The only issue is you can't run inform games from the shell else they won't read but it does work.

On 12/02/2021 5:14 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The prerequisite for add-on registration is a basic review, and ones that didn’t go through them must pass it before being registered.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 8:13 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Next round of community add-on registrations: Word Nav, WinWizard, Console Toolkit

Well there is the interactive fiction interpreters one.

I have used that for ages and ages by nick stocton.

It doesn't do anything special, I am not even sure if it has any keys, it just reads interfiction in glulxe, inform, tads and agt/agility and a few others.

Its been working with me for ages.

It really should be a core thing but thats another thing for another day.

Its been out for ages and does work.

Not sure about mushclient but I'd imagine that works to.

On 12/02/2021 4:30 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello all,

Based on recent reviews, the following add-ons will be registered on community add-ons website this weekend (sorry for this late action):

• Console Toolkit
  • WinWizard
  • Word Nav

Are there other add-ons that passed recent reviews and ready for website registration? I plan to register these by this weekend or next Tuesday at the latest.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.