Re: NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin

Hi all,

If not done already, ask Acapela to change the offending line in their add-on code. I remember NV Access talking about absolute paths, but not sure if the offending line is to blame or might be a separate problem.

Looks like a community-wide directive might be in order…

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of bering.p
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 10:42 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin

Hi to all.
I think I found the cause of the problem raised by Sergio and that it may concern other add-ons.
In my add-on, I use subprocess.call to launch the explorer but without giving the path to "explorer.exe", it is up to Windows to find it with its "path" environment variable.

But the acapela add-on overwrites this variable when installing itself.
Here is the offending line that I found in the globalPlugins \ menu.py file
os.environ ['PATH'] = os.path.join (os.path.dirname (os.path.realpath (__ file__)), "gui")

The add-on concerned is "Acapela TTS Voices for NVDA - Engines-1.6.5.nvda-addon".

And maybe It can also affect how Windows works.
I think the line should have been:
os.environ ['PATH'] += os.path.join (os.path.dirname (os.path.realpath (__ file__)), "gui")

Best regards.

Paul.

Le 17/01/2021 22:57, bering.p a écrit :

Hi Sergio.
I don't understand the problem.
Can you explain it to me in more detail?
Thank you.
Best regards.

Paul.

Le 17/01/2021 22:46, Sergio Gómez a écrit :

Hello Paul

With the Scripts, Open the program folder in the explorer, and: Open the user configuration folder in the explorer; they have incompatibilities with the voices of Acapela TTS, which I just bought. These Scripts just don't run with the commands I have assigned to them. Please could you do something about this incompatibility?

Thank you very much

--

Sergio Gómez

(Ocarinista)