From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:57 AM
Subject: Re: NVDA translation system was: RE: [nvda-addons] NVDA Core dev docs: you can now build it locally via Sphinx

I don't see any reason on compiling the documentation in the first place.

Why can't the documentation be on the website and such.

I guess for source and alphas/ snapshots/ betas I guess I could
understand but for stable versions, or such who knows.

Either that or something that will compile the latest documentation and
previde snapshots online of the latest documentation.

For betas and stable releases, documentation should be on the website or
a one for that sort of thing.

At any rate once you have documentation which is the latest without any
changes you should just be able to get it.

On 12/01/2021 7:07 pm, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz wrote:

Hi to all!

Let’s give my arguments on the matter

I am against using gettext for translating NVDA documentation, that is
user guide and changes.

First of all, In the past I was able to choose which parts of the
documentation I wanted to translate, that is: I was able to exclude
changes for developers from this translation.

In my opinion, changes for developers firstly should be separated, if
we want to to do such a thing.

I want to hear from Reef, Joseph, Michael and/or Quentin on this matter.

Best,

Zvonimir