Re: New WordNav add-on - review requested

Tony Malykh

Cyrille
> all the edit field are incorrectly located
Not much I can do - as I cannot see the screen. I copied settings dialog from NVDA settings, so I am really not sure why this would be happening. Happy to accept pull requests if anyone knows how to fix this.
> The assumption ‌that the paths are mainly in English is wrong
I never said that paths are in English. I meant that camel case identifier are mostly in English.
> You have an unexpected file
Fixed - will be removed in the first release. That's a weird Dropbox synchronization bug.
> Could you please use the CSS from the last add-on template?
Done.

Thanks!

Tony

On 12/15/2020 2:17 AM, Cyrille via groups.io wrote:
Some additional comments:
* You have an unexpected file left in the bundle of the add-on: manifest (Конфликтующая копия с компьютера Tony’s MacBook Air 2019-12-08).ini
* Could you please use the CSS from the last add-on template? This CSS is optimized for visually impaired people using color inversion. You may also update your other add-ons with this CSS when making new releases. Thanks.

Cheers,

Cyrille

De : "Cyrille via groups.io"
A : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Envoyé: mardi 15 Décembre 2020 10:44
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested

Hello

This add-on is a good idea. Thanks Tony.

Here are some feedback on the add-on and the previously written messages:
* In the setting panel, visually, all the edit field are incorrectly located and overlap the first checkbox instead of being located below the "Right Control+Windows behavior:" item.
* The assumption ‌that the paths are mainly in English is wrong. On a computer, it is common to have some files or folders with names in the local language.

Cheers,

Cyrille

De : "Tony Malykh"
A : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Envoyé: mardi 15 Décembre 2020 06:18
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested

One more thing to add: I see WordNav is a tool primarily for software
developers. It improves word navigation in cases when you need to deal
with camelCaseIdentifiers and underscore_separated_identifiers, and also
with long file paths. All of which tend to be exclusively in English.

On 12/14/2020 7:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
> Hi,
> One major thing to resolve: what would happen if a user defines multiple virtual desktops on Windows 10 and wish to move amongst them quickly without opening Task View? Another thing to look into is the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary".
> Cheers,
> Joseph
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
> Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 7:05 PM
> To: nvda-addons
> Subject: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested
>
> Hello,
> I present my new add-on WordNav and I would like to have it reviewed.
> WordNav improves word navigation commands (Control+Left/Right arrows) in NVDA. It works in both editables and browse mode. It provides 4 different version of word navigation commands, depending on how do we define a word, and allows them all to be assigned to either
> control+arrows or control+windows+arrows commands. Those different word
> deinitions are:
> • Left Control+Arrows: Notepad++ definition, that treats alphanumeric characters as words, and adjacent punctuation marks are also treated as words. This should be the most convenient word definition for the majority of users.
> • RightControl+Arrows: Fine word definition splits camelCaseIdentifiers and underscore_separated_identifiers into separate parts, thus allowing the cursor to go into long identifiers.
> • LeftControl+Windows+Arros: Bulky word definition treats almost all punctuation symbols adjacent to text as part of a single word, therefore it would treat paths like C:\directory\subdirectory\file.txt as a single word.
> • RightControl+Windows+Arros: Multiword definition, that groups several words together. The amount of words is configurable.
> Another issue that WordNav is trying to fix is inconsistency between NVDA word definition and word definition in applications. There have been multiple issues of that nature, when the program moves cursor according to one definition, and NVDA assumes another, and that leads to either words being pronounced twice, or some words being skipped. Since wordNav doesn't send Control+Arrows gesture to applications, but it instead parses the whole line itself, it serves as a workaround for this type of issues.
>
> Download:
> https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/releases/latest/download/wordNav.nvda-addon
> Website:
> https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/
>
> Best regards
> Tony
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.