Re: New WordNav add-on - review requested

Tony Malykh

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for review.

1. I fixed UI message that said SentenceNav instead of WordNav

2. Logging path doesn't matter since debug is set to False. I would like to leave this clause primarily for myself, as it happens, in the future I often need to debug things when users report problems with my add-ons, and in this case I can just simply set debug=True. In the past I had to copy logging functions every time I had to debug something and it was pretty annoying, so at some point I decided to just leave them in place, although they are disabled for all users.  But this would indeed only work on my computer. Since I am the only maintainer of my add-ons, this shouldn't be a problem to anyone.
3. Fixed readme as per your suggestion.
Best
--Tony

On 12/14/2020 9:50 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Basic review results;
* License and copyright: pass
* Documentation: pass
* User experience: pass (with comments)
* Security: pass(with comments)

Comments:
* I think it would be great to look at user interface messages as at least one message says "SentenceNav".
* When logging information, can you guarantee that the Dropbox path does exist on a user's system?
* In the readme, I think it would be helpful to point out that you should turn off Control+Windows+arrow keys if you are planning to use virtual desktops on Windows 10.

Based on what we have, if UI messages can be improved, it should be good to go (also keep the original concerns folks raised, too). Further testing and comments from others are appreciated.