Re: New WordNav add-on - review requested

Hi,
I respectfully disagree: although English is sort of a de facto language used to design programming languages, folks write code in all sorts of languages. Although the add-on may help folks read code fragments in a more efficient manner, consider that folks do review source code comments (developers are no exception). Also, I think it would be helpful to think carefully about saying that camel case and identifiers with underscores are exclusive to English, because it might be that developers might be writing identifiers using a language other than English.
I know I'm coming across as a really critical critic, but I'm saying all this to remind folks that we may wish to expand our assumptions a bit based on data we haven't thought about (apologies if I do sound very harsh tonight).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 9:18 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested

One more thing to add: I see WordNav is a tool primarily for software developers. It improves word navigation in cases when you need to deal with camelCaseIdentifiers and underscore_separated_identifiers, and also with long file paths. All of which tend to be exclusively in English.

On 12/14/2020 7:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
One major thing to resolve: what would happen if a user defines multiple virtual desktops on Windows 10 and wish to move amongst them quickly without opening Task View? Another thing to look into is the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary".