Re: New WordNav add-on - review requested

Hi,
Regarding the second item: one more thing to consider is that some keyboard layouts do NOT let you use right Control+arrows for things. This is the case in Korean IME where right Control key is used to convert Korean text (Hangul) into Hanja (Chinese character representation). Of course one can unassign this gesture from the add-on side (via input gestures dialog), but consider that not all users who will meet this add-on are familiar with this step.
Nevertheless, I will submit a basic review.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 9:16 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested

> what would happen if a user defines multiple virtual desktops on Windows 10 and wish to move amongst them quickly without opening Task View?

Then that user can leave Control+Windows+Arrows unassigned.

> Another thing to look into is the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary

Then no need to use WordNav.. Or optionally there is a way to leave for example native behavior for Left Control+Arrows, and redefine Right Control + arrows if such user wants to use only some features of WordNav.

On 12/14/2020 7:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
One major thing to resolve: what would happen if a user defines multiple virtual desktops on Windows 10 and wish to move amongst them quickly without opening Task View? Another thing to look into is the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary".