Re: New WordNav add-on - review requested

William

the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary".

Yes Joseph, Language like Chinese, Korean, Japanese dont havespaces between words

Joseph Lee 於 15/12/2020 11:15 寫道:

Hi,
One major thing to resolve: what would happen if a user defines multiple virtual desktops on Windows 10 and wish to move amongst them quickly without opening Task View? Another thing to look into is the fact that certain languages do not have definable "word boundary".

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 7:05 PM
To: nvda-addons <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda-addons] New WordNav add-on - review requested

Hello,
I present my new add-on WordNav and I would like to have it reviewed.
WordNav improves word navigation commands (Control+Left/Right arrows) in NVDA. It works in both editables and browse mode. It provides 4 different version of word navigation commands, depending on how do we define a word, and allows them all to be assigned to either
control+arrows or control+windows+arrows commands. Those different word
deinitions are:
• Left Control+Arrows: Notepad++ definition, that treats alphanumeric characters as words, and adjacent punctuation marks are also treated as words. This should be the most convenient word definition for the majority of users.
• RightControl+Arrows: Fine word definition splits camelCaseIdentifiers and underscore_separated_identifiers into separate parts, thus allowing the cursor to go into long identifiers.
• LeftControl+Windows+Arros: Bulky word definition treats almost all punctuation symbols adjacent to text as part of a single word, therefore it would treat paths like C:\directory\subdirectory\file.txt as a single word.
• RightControl+Windows+Arros: Multiword definition, that groups several words together. The amount of words is configurable.
Another issue that WordNav is trying to fix is inconsistency between NVDA word definition and word definition in applications. There have been multiple issues of that nature, when the program moves cursor according to one definition, and NVDA assumes another, and that leads to either words being pronounced twice, or some words being skipped. Since wordNav doesn't send Control+Arrows gesture to applications, but it instead parses the whole line itself, it serves as a workaround for this type of issues.

Download:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/releases/latest/download/wordNav.nvda-addon
Website:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-word-nav/