Re: numpadNavMode Add-on: all new beta release 0.5-dev for testing & review

Hi,
I would like to request someone who has never reviewed an add-on and wanted
to learn how to do so to review this add-on. Thanks.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:35 AM
To: nvda-addons@groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] numpadNavMode Add-on: all new beta release 0.5-dev
for testing & review

Hello all!

I'm happy to announce an all-new beta of the numpadNavMode add-on, of which
I released an alpha a couple weeks ago.

It has been almost completely rewritten, both to address some of the
comments received, and because I just didn't like how it worked before. I
think it is much better in this form, and I request anyone who tried it
before, to try it again.

For those who didn't test it yet, please consider testing it now: it really
is new and improved, if I do say so.

New in this version:

* Warning dialog on installation has been removed, no longer applies.
* The add-on should now avoid allowing any Windows nav, or any of its other
numpad gestures, to be saved to a user's gestures.ini file.
* If a user maps one of the numpad gestures while in NVDA mode, it will
remember that mapping when it switches back to NVDA mode from Windows mode.

A reminder of what it does:
Allows you to switch your numpad into Windows navigation mode, so you can
use its arrow keys, home/end, and page up and down.

Download:
https://github.com/opensourcesys/numpadNavMode/releases/download/0.5-dev/num
padNavMode-0.5-dev.nvda-addon

Readme:
https://github.com/opensourcesys/numpadNavMode/blob/master/readme.md

Known issues:

At the moment, I am not sure about its translatability. The add-on itself
could be translated, but I have not yet looked into what I would have to do
for locale gesture configurations. It may work well, it may not, for non-US
keyboard users.
I intend to dig into that more in an upcoming version. If anyone wants to
provide suggestions about that, please get in touch.