Actually, to anyone that has an hp computer, it may need to be enabled in bios but you do have the support most likely.

I have seen this in a 6th generation system in bios as I was configuring it with friends helping for someone.

So its possible it will be about in every hp computer.

On 15/09/2020 4:48 am, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
As for Pip and virtual environments, unlikely as NVDA must be run as a dedicated binary for those who do not have resources to run Python, let alone virtual environments. It might be possible to create such a scenario on newer Windows 10 releases, but since many users are still on older Windows releases (even older Windows 10 feature updates), this coming to fruition is quite unlikely.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Omer Zak
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 12:49 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Licensing and pip questions

On Sun, 2020-09-13 at 23:42 -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Regarding licensing question, as some may say that add-ons are
derivatives of NVDA, they must be licensed under GPL 2 as NVDA itself
is licensed under GPL 2. One possible workaround could be stating in
your add-on file headers that the add-on is licensed under GPL, or
perhaps GPL 2 or later. Note that not all dependencies NVDA uses are
licensed under GPL, so one must be careful of that. More info can be
found in NVDA license file (NVDA menu/Help/License).
Thanks for the reference to the license file.

I remember seeing mentions of proprietary plugins/add-ons.
It is my understanding from reading the above that those plugins work via the exception to GPLv2 which permits use of such plugins under certain conditions.

So I understand that my own plugin has to be licensed under GPLv2, but I'll be allowed to license few data files under GPLv3+ (they contain materials from GPLv3+ licensed projects).

As for including external modules, you must include them manually as
part of your add-on (Resource Monitor comes with Psutil for this very
reason).
Looks to me to be prohibitively heavy-weight.

Did anyone request a NVDA feature which would work like the following:

1. NVDA runs inside a virtualenv.

2. When installed, plugins may request that certain modules be installed from PyPI via pip.

3. A module in NVDA manages dependencies of modules installed via pip in behalf of add-ons, and blocks uninstallation of pip-installed modules unless all add-ons needing them have been uninstalled.