From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 6:25 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA Add-on development Guide: 2020.2 edition in progress

Hi,

You can make your add-ons forward compatible with changes in Python 3.8 (the biggest change in 3.8 is the walrus operator (:=) or assignment expression). But since NVDA is written in Python 3.7, Python 3.7 code must be used.

Also, another thing I forgot to announce: going forward, unless otherwise noted, add-on development guide will use script decorator whenever script examples are shown.