Re: NVDA Skype add-on update released. Windows Skypes are unified!

Hi,
If it wasn't done already, would you like us to review this add-on and
include this in community add-ons website in the future?

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
On Behalf Of Doug Lee
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 12:24 PM
To: nvda-addons@groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] NVDA Skype add-on update released. Windows Skypes are
unified!

Microsoft finally replaced Skype UWP for Windows 10 with the same Skype that
we've been calling Skype 8 for Windows Desktop. This was announced many
months ago but took a while to happen.

I have released version 2018.04.2 of the Skype add-on for NVDA, at
https://www.dlee.org/skype/NVDA/skype.nvda-addon

Apologies for the funny version number btw; I only noticed the "2018" after
making several release announcements.

Features:

URL change! The old skype/electron URL will still work for a while, but the
above URL is the new location for this add-on. Please update any pointers
accordingly.

Works with both Skype for Windows Desktop (Skype 8) and Skype UWP for
Windows 10, which is now the same interface.

Fixes review cursor navigation in messages in a chat history list. I did
this long ago, but it broke at some point.

A note for anyone switching Skype incarnations in response to this
unification:

If you are migrating from Skype for Windows Desktop to the newly identical
Skype for Windows 10, check your settings (Ctrl+Comma), because settings
from one version may not be automatically applied to the other even though
the interfaces are the same. I recommend paying particular attention to
where Skype says your audio will come from and go to.

Enjoy.

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@...