Re: Developer toolkit reaches a new level

Pawel Urbanski

I second James' point. Developers use Chrome or Firefox developer
tools for such inspection.
Accessibility of either is quite good, but making it much better or
optimized for a screen reader with some alternative way to review the
information would be something I would pay for...
If one wants to be into web development he or she, as James already
mentioned, must be aware that it is about React.js Angular or Vue for
that matter... Last but definitely not least about a good flow when it
comes to communication with other developers on the team...
Knowling a color of a button is useful in the grand scheme of things,
but the design of web sites and apps is much more nuance...
If I were considering some kind of career in the web area I would
focus on web performance optimization, backend and processes related
to devops, or accessibility in a pragmatic sense that is recently
gaining alot of attention.

On 11/06/2020, James Scholes <james@...> wrote:
That explains how it parses the content, but not where it gets it from.
If your add-on downloads a copy of the web page and only uses
stylesheets or inline styles, that's not a true representation of the
DOM for a huge percentage of websites which rely on JavaScript. It
won't work at all with SPAs, or websites which require a login. And as
the web moves more towards web components and other dynamic techniques,
it will become increasingly less useful.

Now, if you were to write a web extension for the browser which could
communicate a true representation of DOM elements to your add-on via
IPC, that would be worth paying for.

On 11/06/2020 at 11:19 am, Andy B. wrote:
It uses the bs4 and tinycss libraries found in the pip repository.

Windows 10