Python dependencies in add-ons

Shubham Jain

Hello!

As part of my GSoC project, I am writing an add-on that allows users to get descriptions of images. To work, the ML models depend on some python libraries like Numpy, Pillow, onnxruntime and OpenCv. My questions are:
  • Is it possible to package these libraries in an add-on?
  • Since I only require a few specific functions from these libraries, is it possible to only package those parts into the add-on?

Alternatively, the models could be converted to run using native C++ by depending on the LibTorch library. Is it possible to write add-ons in native C++?

regards,
Shubham Jain