Re: Exception thrown sometimes on NVDA start, maybe related to Updater?

Hi,
That's what I thought also.
Within the next two hours, I'll issue an update to Add-on Updater that will catch this and insert debug messages to figure out what's going on.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Scholes
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 11:52 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Exception thrown sometimes on NVDA start, maybe related to Updater?

To be clear, checking for version info in this way is a bit of a hack, and you aren't doing any exception handling locally to catch the lack of matching groups from the regular expression. So there could definitely be a server-side inconsistency, but you can't rely on the server returning the correct data at all times and not validate it.

On 22/05/2020 at 12:34 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Does Add-on Updater function after you get this exception i.e. does
"check for add-on updates" show up under tools menu? If yes, it might
be a version check issue for at least one add-on (likely a server-side issue).