Re: Request for comments: an outline of a complete course on NVDA internals and code contributions

Hi,

The course is done – the only thing to be done is publish the course archive. This will take time, as the archive needs to be updated to talk about Python 3 (the course took place at a time when Python 2 was still supported, and many things have changed since then).

As for me hosting another course, highly unlikely for a while unless there is overwhelming need from the NVDA community. Also, the focus might shift – the thing I’m desperate to teach is teaching others to teach NVDA internals, or in the context of this list, talking about how to teach more people how to think as an add-on author and reviewer (my time on the NVDA world is slowly coming to a close).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adil Shaikh
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:37 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Request for comments: an outline of a complete course on NVDA internals and code contributions

[Edited Message Follows]

 Hi, I'm new to the list and I've been looking for resource to understand how NVDA works internally and I land on this post.
I would  like to ask, is there any update on this course?
is course content being developed?
I truely want to learn and give back to community, but my current skills don't allow me to do that as I have little understanding of windows api, com objects and stuff like that. even, I wouldn't mind donating a bit if I have to.