Re: bme2 nvda addon: 2020.04.4 is here

Noelia Ruiz

Hi:

GitHub workflows are yaml files located in a subfolder named
.github/workflows inside a repo, for example, in your bme repo. There
we can instruct Github platform to perform taskss automatically when
certain events are triggered, for instance when we make a git push or
pull request, etc. Each workflow is a yaml file (with yml or yaml
extension using yaml syntax). We can place one or more workflows in a
repo, and each workflow can contain one or more jobs. A job is a
sequence or one or more steps. Each job runs in a separate machine and
they can run summultaneously, but we can make them to be performed
sequentially if a job needs a previous job to work correctly. This is
a minimal background. I wrote an introductory tutorial with examples
applied to add-ons at
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/nvdaaddons.github.io/wiki/GitHubActions

Mesar and me worked experimenting and creating functional workflows
for add-ons at
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/l10nTest/tree/master/.github/workflows

Releases are a GitHub feature based on tags, but they aren't just
tags. GitHub allows to upload assets to releases, for example an
.nvda-addon file. Then GitHub knows about this file and we can use
GitHub api to do things like finding out the id of releases published
for an add-on or counting the number of downloads. I did this at
https://nvdaaddons.github.io/
You can use the form included on this page or clone the repo to explore it.
Also, you can explore help.github.com for more info.
Let us know if you want more clarifications.

Yes please let me know this way. It seems very interesting, but I never used
or learned about it.
Thanks