From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:43 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] FW: [program-l] NVDA add-on development questions

Hi,

Any ideas?

From: program-l-bounce@... <program-l-bounce@...> On Behalf Of adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:21 PM
To: program-l@...
Subject: [program-l] NVDA add-on development questions

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to get my head around with nvda add-on development.

I have already read the nvda developer guide and add-on development guide. So far, I’m able to write simple add-on like saying messages, navigating object hierarchy etc.

I’m trying to get the selected text from the browser window.

I tried this code:

selObj = api.getFocusObject().selection

#copying the selected text to clipboard

selObj.copyToClipboard ()

the above code works in notepad, but it doesn’t work for browser.

What I know is so far it has to do something with the type of the object return by api.getFocusObjec t ().

For notepad, it returns  NVDAObjects.Dynamic_EnhancedEditFieldIAccessibleEditWindowNVDAObject object

And for browser window, it returns NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ia2Web.Ia2Web object.

Could someone explain me how do I get the selected text from the browser window?

How do you read the documentation for any class or object as there is no any in detail NVDA documentation?

I tried using pydoc utility to generate documentation from source code, but I just got loss.

Could you explain me how do I use pydoc to read documentation from NVDA source code?

Any tips/tricks are welcome!

Bunch of thanks in advance!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:program-l-request@...?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** program-l-request@... ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:program-l-request@...?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** program-l-request@... with the Subject:- faq