Re: New add-on proposal: phonetic character

Chris

There is one on GitHub

https://github.com/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

From: Munawar Bijani
Sent: 22 April 2020 11:33
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] New add-on proposal: phonetic character

Hi,

Before I start work on this, I'd like to know if there are either plans

to include in a later version of NVDA or if someone is already working

on this add-on. I want the same functionality inNVDA that JAWS has and

almost every other screen-reader has: if you press left or right arrow,

you can get the phonetic pronunciation of that character read out

automatically after a delay.

This has been very helpful for me in JAWS and Voiceover on iOS so I'd

like to see it in NVDA.

Is anyone working on an add-on that does this?