New add-on proposal: phonetic character

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,

Before I start work on this, I'd like to know if there are either plans to include in a later version of NVDA or if someone is already working on this add-on. I want the same functionality inNVDA that JAWS has and almost every other screen-reader has: if you press left or right arrow, you can get the phonetic pronunciation of that character read out automatically after a delay.

This has been very helpful for me in JAWS and Voiceover on iOS so I'd like to see it in NVDA.

Is anyone working on an add-on that does this?