Re: Vocalizer 2.1.0 Ad-on pops in compact voices

Hi,

We are interested in reading and interpreting logs.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Taylor via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:39 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Vocalizer 2.1.0 Ad-on pops in compact voices

I'm getting a cannot load synth error on this, which is odd. I just had to reinstall my NVDA and it had been working before. Just been through the log with a friend who knows what things mean and we cannot figure it out

On 15/02/2020 17:03, piotr machacz wrote:

Hi,

I didn’t know there was a beta of a Vocalizer Expressive add-on compatible with 2019.3, that’s good to know. I just tried it out and it seems to work great here, not seeing any weird glitches with the compact voices and like you said the language detection option is there.

My previous Emails were referring to Vocalizer driver version 2.1.0, where the option to detect language based on the characters is just missing in the language switching settings dialog

Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 5:23 PM

Hello!

We have already solve the automatic language switching in Vocalizer Expressive.

You can get the corrected version at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi46eab9l3shzrj/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1

Or do you mean that Vocalizer 2.0 have the same error?

Best regards,

Costumer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 12:16 de 15/02/2020, piotr machacz escreveu:

Hi again,

Good to know these bugs will be worked on (or that’s my understanding of your E-mail anyway).

Something else I just noticed about the new version, I see that the feature that did language switching based on character detection is no longer there. Will it be returning or is it gone permanently? I found it extremely useful while playing Japanese and Chinese games, I also have some music and videos written in non-latin alphabets and message people with non-latin names, so this feature came in extremely useful for those and was a pretty big selling point for the synthesizer in my opinion.

Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:09 AM

For now, we are focused in solving the problems on the driver...

Later we will see that or switch to version 2 of Vocalizer...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 20:34 de 11/02/2020, piotr machacz escreveu:

Yes, this is exactly what I’m running into. Interestingly enough those pops seem to happen in pretty much the same places as they happen for you In phrases like NVDA menu, which to me at least suggests this may be somehow related to the speech system refactor. Glad to know I’m not alone, hopefully Tiflotecnia can figure this out.

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Is this the glitch you are talking about? It doesn't exist in 2019.2.1, and the standard and standard-high voices don't exhibit the same issue in 2019.3. See the attached samples for an audio comparison, though the specs on the testing environment isn't all that great.

Timothy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 3:18 PM

Subject: [nvda-addons] Vocalizer 2.1.0 Ad-on pops in compact voices

Hi all,
This message is mainly for Rui but I'd also like to know if anyone else is seeing this.

I just updated to NVDA 2019.3 and took the time to update my ad-ons. Since Vocalizer Expressive (the Tiflotecnia one) isn't ported yet I grabbed the updated version of the Vocalizer 2 driver on the Portuguese site on tiflotecnia.net, plus a handful of old favorite voices (All the English compact ones to use Serena, plus Polish Agata and English Lee in premium).

I'm finding that the 2 premium voices work great. However, the compact voices have audio glitches. It's as if the audio cuts out occasionally for a few milisecond and comes back which causes a slight stutter and sometimes clicks and pops in the audio. These stutters also seem to be consistent and always happen at the same point in a sentence. To reproduce, simply switch to a voice like Karen or Serena, and navigate around the NVDA menu, adjust voice parameters like volume and listen to how the numbers are spoken.

I'm fairly sure I don't remember the voices behaving this badly on older NVDA versions as I used to use them pretty regularly, my computer is also pretty powerful (Core I7-6700 and NVDA is running from an SSD so performance shouldn't be a problem)

Is anyone else seeing this?

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.