Re: NVDA 2019.3 and community add-ons: slowly making progress

Hi,
If developers are willing to license the DLL in such a way that it can be run inside a GPL 2 licensed software (NVDA), then yes, if not, no. This is one of the reasons why speech synthesizer add-ons are hosted somewhere else - not only license, but copyright issues abound.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vova Mobile
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:29 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA 2019.3 and community add-ons: slowly making progress

Hi all.
There is an updated addon Newfon (ukrainian and russian speech synthesizer), but its libraries are distributed under a proprietary license. However, the application remains free.
New developers don't want to keep the code open to keep the synthesizer clean.
I wrote about this but did not receive a comprehensive answer.
I'm interesting: Can I host a proprietary license addon on addons site?