Re: Dropbox addon

Noelia Ruiz

Thanks Patrick, this is great. Not sure if you prefer to reflect
compatibility near download links as done in other add-ons, so that
people decides if they want to download the add-on But for me this can
be posted on the website, considering that the documentation is not
completely translated, as expected.

<patrick=zajda.fr@groups.io>:

Thanks Noelia, I've updated the readme file to reflect all of your points.

I have not created another tag but an updated version is available here:
https://patrick.zajda.fr/nvda/addons-snapshots/dropbox-4.4-dev2.nvda-addon

Only the English documentation is updated.

Best regards,

Patrick

Le 09/02/2020 à 18:42, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :
Hi Patrick, I have reviewe diffs paying attention to relevant files
like contained in globalPlugins, appmodules folders and description,
not all modified documentation. I think that bugs commented by me are
fixed. Anyway, I think it would be good to explain in the top of
documentation that the keystroke can be pressed one to know the
Dropbox status (on My system Dropbox version is not reported) and
twice to open the context menu. This is shown in input help mode
(NVDA+1), so if you don't want to includ it in documentation for any
reason, I understand it.
Also, you may want to add a sentence about compatibility, for example:
NVDA compatibility: from 2019.1 to 2019.3 or later.

Moreover, I think that you don't need to modify documentation for all
languages. This is extra work for you, difficult to review (though I
see that info about preferences is removed in English, not in
translated files), and should be done by the translation system.
Hope when the future add-on store is out, info about compatibility
don't need to be reflected in the documentation and can be extracted
from metadata and reflected on the website or something.

<patrick=zajda.fr@groups.io>:
Hi Noelia,

It is hopefully fixed now.

I made a 4.4-dev2, the file name is still named 4.4-dev because I cannot
update the link in get.php anymore.

So the link reminds the same.

Hop it is OK now.

Thanks,

Patrick

Le 08/02/2020 à 19:15, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :
Hi, in the description, shift+NVDA+d, now used for audio dicking, is
shown as a gesture. Also control+alt+T is mentioned as a shortcut. I
cannot find it in the code. Is this used? Couldn't be used in a
shortcut to open apps like control+alt+n? Cheers

<patrick=zajda.fr@groups.io>:
It is only a version making it Python 3 compatible within staying
compatible with prior versions.

It is version 4.4.

Patrick

Le 07/02/2020 à 21:37, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io a
écrit :
I have 4. and now nvda rc is prompting to download it. What are the
differences I should notice?
Brian3

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'