Add-on Development Guide: Where is exammple of unassigned gesture for script?

Daniel Gartmann

Hello,

I want to make a script with a non-defined gesture, so that the user can define one.

Looking through the Development Guide at:

https://github.com/nvdaaddons/DevGuide/wiki/NVDA-Add-on-Development-Guide

I can’t find an example that shows how to do this.

Could somebody please point me to a place in the guide where this is spelled out? Perhaps this passage is what I am looking for, but without an actual example, my limited knowledge doesn’t permit me to get any further.

“ • If you need to leave one or more scripts unassigned (for example, if a gesture conflicts with a global command), do not include the gesture binding for the script in the gestures dictionary. This helps minimize gesture conflicts and allows users to assign custom gestures for scripts.”

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Daniel