Re: How to control speaking HTML elements attributes.

Pawel Urbanski

It looks like I will try to use:
silentRolesOnFocus={ x, y, z, ... }

Will let you know if it works...

On 23/01/2020, Pawel Urbanski via Groups.Io
<pawel=e-urbanski.com@groups.io> wrote:
It is exactly IA2web application.
The states spoken are: editable and autocomplete.
I would like to stop this behavior in a similar manner to verbosity
settings that control speaking line numbers, item position or table
cell coordinates.

Obviously if possible with a flag set on a custom control class, which
is attached to the textarea.

On 23/01/2020, Andy B. <sonfire11@...> wrote:
Hi,

If it is an IA2 application, try using focus.IA2Attributes. Otherwise,
UIA
has a UIAAria object you can use.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 11:09 AM Pawel Urbanski <pawel@...>
wrote:

Dear Everyone,
Before I dive into NVDA's sources, I would like to ask the following:
How can I control speaking HTML element's attributes, namely:
multiline, has popup.
I keep on working on the Visual Studio Code add-on, but now with
constant contact with Microsoft, including scheduled calls and so on.

Since VS Code is really a web application, it is using HTML controls.
Every user definitely knows that is in a textarea field, that is for
editing and does need to be reminded about it on every focus.
Additionally, the fact that the element has the aria-haspopup set to
true is used to get code completion working, but we do not need to
hear about it every time again.

All the hints are very much wanted dead or alive...

Best,
Pawel